HOTEL SCHOOL implements innovative teaching techniques in adult education, our lecturers apply science based educational teaching methods and innovative approaches. The other advantage of HOTEL SCHOOL is the affordable cost of education. We are issuing the same quality diploma as colleges in the UK, but our students pay several times less. And if the graduate decides to continue their studies at universities in the UK or Switzerland, enrolling in the last year of the bachelor’s program, the total gain is tens of thousands of euro.
Hospitality Management (BTEC 5)
BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Hospitality ManagementHOTEL SCHOOL most popular program, which is also available for E-Learning!
“BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Hospitality Management” is a hospitality management education program developed and accredited in the UK, by enrolling to this program students will able to gain knowledge of the contemporary trends in the hospitality industry, become familiar with international hospitality standards by the example of the leading hotel chains in the world, and also to develop crucial managerial skills for building a successful career in the hospitality industry in managerial or even owner’s positions.
It is the latest educational program developed by Pearson in the UK in 2017 in collaboration with the leading higher education institutions, the professional bodies and employers. The program successfully combines the most important elements – the subject knowledge of the organization of hotel service management and the development of leadership and management skills. The program is accredited in England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland until 2022 and it has become the most popular study program at HOTEL SCHOOL, providing also e-learning opportunities.
In order to earn HOTEL SCHOOL diploma, students have to cover certain amount of units and get the required amount of credit points. All units are divided into two years of studies:
- The Contemporary Hospitality Industry
- Managing Accommodation Services
- Front of Office Operations Management
- Managing Food and Beverage Operations
- International Gastronomy
- Managing the Customer Experience
- Leadership and Management for Service Industries
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
- The Hospitality Business Toolkit
- Professional Identity and Practice
- Managing Conference and Events
- Facilities Management
- Spa Management
- Barista to Bar Management
- Hospitality Supply Chain Management
- Hospitality Consumer Behaviour and Insight
- Integrated Hospitality Marketing Communications
- Sales Management
- Research Project
|Download full program specification (Pdf)|
Learning process and internships
Educational process lasts 2 years and includes lectures, practical training sessions, for example, property management system training or culinary master classes; as well as working experience in the hospitality industry enterprises.
At the end of the first semester of study, students undergo a monthly internship at hotels in Riga, and at the end of the second semester, there will be paid internship abroad, which lasts from 3 to 5 months.
Internship places are provided by HOTEL SCHOOL, cooperating with local and international high quality individual hotels or hotel chains. Learn more about the conditions of internships and jobs >>. The internship practice described above refers to the full-time department. Distance learning students should check e-Learning section for the internships procedures applicable to them.
The British BTEC diploma is issued by Pearson Education, the largest exam organization in the UK and in the world, which develops academic ( Edexcel ) and professional ( BTEC ) training programs and tests the knowledge and skills acquired during training in more than 25,000 educational institutions in the UK and more than 100 countries around the world.
HOTEL SCHOOL Hotel Management College has been an accredited BTEC training center since 2012.
The qualification could lead to following job roles: Front Office Manager, Hotel Operations Manager, Food and Beverage Manager, Head of Housekeeping, Revenue and Sales Manager, Hospitality Customer Relationships Manager, Assistant General Manager.
||The Higher National Diploma is equivalent to the first two years of a standard university Bachelor’s degree. You will study for two years with HOTEL SCHOOL and then you can progress to a one-year university top-up program to earn a full Bachelor’s degree. Learn more about your progression – Progression+ service webpage.|
General Entry RequirementsThe minimum requirements for admission to HOTEL SCHOOL higher educational program:
- Successfully completed senior-secondary education / or the general certificate of education (GCE) Advanced Level or A Level.
- For courses delivered in English – English language skills at a level equivalent to Upper Intermediate or higher (CEFR – B2 / PTE – 51 / IELTS 5.5) – if applicable.
- Positive and service-oriented personality, passion for working in hospitality.
- When considering acceptance on a BTEC Higher Nationals, HOTEL SCHOOL may recognize applicants’ prior learning or work related experience.