At the beginning of the academic year, after the elections, meetings of the Student Parliament take place, various cultural life activities are actively planned and organized, such as the Halloween party or Christmas event, while in the second semester the number of events organized by the Student Parliament decreases. In the spring, the most important activities of the Student Parliament are the representation of college students at the education trade fair “SKOLA” in Ķīpsala and at the “Doors Open Days” at the college.
Student organisation and activities
HOTEL SCHOOL The Student Parliament is an independent, student-elected body that represents students’ rights and interests in the college. Its objectives are:
- to represent students’ interests in academic, material and cultural issues;
- to represent HOTEL SCHOOL students in Latvia and abroad;
- to nominate student representatives to work in the College Council;
- to develop a work plan for each semester, which would include a program of specific activities for HOTEL SCHOOL students’ social and cultural events at the College with the aim of ensuring a full-fledged student life;
- to encourage students to express their views on the work of HOTEL SCHOOL by compiling and submitting proposals to the administration of the college.