Hospitality Service Organization (EQF 5)
Latvian Diploma and Hotel Services Organizer Qualification
“Hospitality Service Organization” is professional higher education program that awards graduated students with EQF Level 5 Hotel Service Organizer qualification diploma (EQF – European Qualifications Framework). EQF 5 is equal to the following national qualifications across Europe – UK HNC, HND, Foundation Degree, RQF levels 4 & 5, Certificate of Higher Education, Diploma of Higher Education, Scottish Advanced Higher and others.
In order to earn HOTEL SCHOOL diploma and Hotel Services Organizer qualification, students have to cover the certain amount of subjects and get the required amount of credit points. All subjects are divided into three years:YEAR 1
- Professional English/Latvian for foreign students
- Professional Spanish /German language
- Academic writing and presentation skills
- Business communication
- Contemporary hospitality industry
- Rooms divisions operations management
- Food and Beverage department management
- Contemporary gastronomy
- Developing manager
- Business management
- Finances and accounting
- Human resource management
- Sustainability and resource management
- Civil law
- Property management systems
- SPA services at the hotel
- Conference and banqueting management
- Bar and cellar management
- Facilities operations management
- Marketing for hospitality
- Sales and promotion
- Quality management in business
- Customer relationship management
- Law for hospitality
- introduction to travel and tourism industry
- Multicultural work environment
- Qualification practice / internship
- Development and defense of the qualification paper
Studies duration and internships
The program duration is 2.3 years or 5 semesters, during which 90 Latvian credit points (LCP) should be earned. At the end of the program you have to defend your diploma paper. Studies include lectures and workshops (e.g. hotel management programs, master classes in wine tasting etc.) as well as internships in hotels.
The internship plan includes 2 stages of training:
- The first internship is organized in the winter (from the end of December to January). It takes place in 4-5 * Latvian hotels (for example, in Riga hotels of the Radisson Blu brand).
- The second stage is a summer internship (from the end of May to the beginning of September). In this case, you can select one of the offers HOTEL SCHOOL partners in Latvia or abroad. Both during the winter and summer internships you have the opportunity to independently negotiate contract terms and conditions with the employer.
Learn more about Internships and Scholarships >>
General Entry RequirementsThe minimum requirements for admission to HOTEL SCHOOL higher educational program:
- Successfully completed senior-secondary education / or the general certificate of education (GCE) Advanced Level or A Level.
- For courses delivered in English – English language skills at a level equivalent to Upper Intermediate or higher (CEFR – B2 / PTE – 51 / IELTS 5.5) – if applicable.
- Positive and service-oriented personality, passion for working in hospitality.
- When considering acceptance on a BTEC Higher Nationals, HOTEL SCHOOL may recognize applicants’ prior learning or work related experience.